10 Ideas to Reengage Past Customers for More Sales
Selling to previous customers is easier than winning over new ones. It costs less and because they've given you their money once—unless they had a terrible experience—they are likely to do it again...once you pique their interest.
Here are ten ways you can get them to pay attention to you again:
1. Send to your list. If you have a past customer list, use it. Send out an email (or mailer) telling them you miss them. Offer them a discount, BOGO offer, or free gift (or upgrade) with purchase to bring them in the store again.
2. Host and market an event. Invite people whose past buying history matches your event.
3. Share pictures of past customers (if you have them) and invite people to tag themselves on social media.
4. Start sending out email newsletters or launch an email nurture campaign.
5. Utilize digital retargeting through Facebook or Google so your ads are shown to people who have visited your site.
6. Post pictures on Facebook of your items and tag the items with cost and description (this is a nifty feature on Facebook).
7. Ask people to share pictures of themselves on social media with whatever they purchased from you.
8. Ask funny questions (or tell stories) involving your product or services on social media. For instance, if you're a plumber, ask your social media audience what they think the weirdest thing you've ever pulled out of a drain was and then tell them.
9. Create a Facebook group for past customers (if it makes sense for your product and brand).
10. Attend industry (or community) events. Nothing like the serendipitous meeting to get them thinking about you again.
When it comes to reengaging customers, it's a lot like your other relationships. Out of sight can be out of mind. Even if you're not out of mind, you need to spur action. If you want to increase sales, you must reconnect.
Christina R. Metcalf (formerly Green) is a marketer who enjoys using the power of story and refuses to believe meaningful copy can be written by bots. She helps chamber and small business professionals find the right words when they don't have the time or interest to do so.
Christina hates exclamation points and loves road trips. Say hi on Twitter or reach out on Facebook.
Milford Regional Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
© 2019-2021 · All Rights Reserved
1201 Boston Post Road, Unit 1100
Milford CT, 06460
(203) 878-0681 · Fax: (203) 876-8517
Whether you are a business or family looking to vacation, re-locate, or shop, Milford offers unlimited opportunities of all types. So, come visit us and you will understand why we are known as “the small city with a big heart.”