About the Chamber Building

In 1884, Henry Augustus Taylor leased an estate on High Street in Milford, CT called "Island View" from the Charles Pond family as a summer residence. His family enjoyed it there and in 1889 Mr. Taylor purchased the estate. He renamed the estate "Lauralton Hall" in memory of his daughter Laura Peters who died the year before. View the entire history, from Library to Chamber, in the attachment below.

[ The Taylor Library Building ]

Top ] [ Back ]